Aims of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education
- Supports the initial and continuing professional development of staff engaged in teaching and supporting learning
- Fosters dynamic approaches to teaching and learning through creativity, innovation and continuous development in diverse academic and/or professional settings
- Demonstrates to students and other stakeholders the professionalism that staff and institutions bring to teaching and support for student learning
- Acknowledges the variety and quality of teaching, learning and assessment practices that support and underpin student learning
- Facilitates individuals and institutions in gaining formal recognition for quality enhanced approaches to teaching and supporting learning, often as part of wider responsibilities that may include research and/or management activities.
The UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education, 2011
Higher Education Academy c.s.